There is still availability for Religious & Hebrew School Registration. Please call Vanessa Ehrlich for more information at 847-432-7950.
Mission & Goals
The educational process at Lakeside Congregation for Reform Judaism encompasses instruction in Judaism, inspiration of the students with a positive and abiding faith in Judaism, and nurturing of a process of continuous learning, that will extend beyond the Religious School.
The Educational program includes:
• Teaching God, Torah and Israel, including Am Israel (the people of Israel) and Eretz Israel (the land of Israel).
• Stimulation of a sense of community with Jewish people everywhere, leading to a sense of community and self-identification with the Jewish people of the past and the present.
• Creation of interesting and inspiring experiences in the practice of Judaism in the home, the school, the synagogue and the community.
• Appreciation of Jewish art, music, literature and ethics.
• Preparation for using the faith, ethical standards and traditional insights of Judaism to answer questions and to solve personal problems.
• Commitment to teaching and participating in Tzedakah, and Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), including personal, synagogue and community-wide social action projects.
Click for more info on youth group