We believe that learning is a lifelong process that allows us to stay up-to-date with current knowledge while maintaining our connection to the past. We continually possess the need to absorb and gain new intellectual, cultural, and spiritual wisdom, and committing to this lifelong endeavor is essential to living a meaningful Jewish life. Lakeside offers a broad range of learning opportunities for adults, including:
- Sunday morning Adult Enrichment (Brunch at 10:15 am, speaker 10:30-noon) — Join us most Sundays for enlightening presentations/discussions on a broad range of topics, featuring guest speakers. Recent programs have focused on the Refugee Crisis, cultivating kindness, the relationship between physics and Kabbalah, and the China-Judaic connection. Open to the community.
- Adult Education — Offered throughout the year, topical classes are usually led by Rabbi Serotta or Vanessa M. Ehrlich in 2-6 sessions. Recent topics have included "Torah and the Tramps," Wise Aging, a Jewish cooking series, and the Six Day War.
- Adult Hebrew and B'nai Mitzvah Classes — It’s never too late to become a B'nai Mitzvah! Learn Hebrew and essential prayers with a cohort of peers.
- Lunch and Learn in the Loop — Do you work in or near Chicago's loop? Take a break on the first Wednesday of each month to discuss contemporary issues and events with Rabbi Serotta over lunch. RSVP required.
- Torah Study and Books of Prophets — Saturday mornings.