In addition to our vibrant Sunday morning Adult Enrichment lecture and brunch, Lakeside Congregation offers many adult education opportunities throughout the year including:
- Tuesday evening classes — Everything from Beginning Hebrew, Introduction to Judaism, and Adult B’nai Mitzvah to special topics like Jewish mysticism, a look back at the 6 Day War, Jewish views of the afterlife, Wise Aging, and many more.
- Saturday morning Study of the Prophets — Having studied Torah weekly for over 18 years, we are now studying the books of the prophets in sequential order. The class beings at 9:30am followed by a short Shabbat minyan service at 10:30.
- Lunch and Learn in the Loop — In conjunction with Congregation Solel, we gather in the Loop on the first Wednesday of the month to discuss contemporary issues and events with both Rabbi Serotta and Evan Moffic of Solel.
- Lunch with the Rabbi — This mini-serius tackles a significant book of Jewish interest each year. Past books have included "1949," "Like Dreamers," "The Seventh Telling," and "A Journey to the End of the Millennium." We meet for lunch and discussion on six Tuesday mornings at 11:30am.
- Scholar-in-Residence — This featured weekend features distinguished Jewish teachers like Rabbi David Ellenson, Rabbi Lawrence Kushner, Jay Michaelson, Rabbi Naomi Levy and many others over the years.
- Occasional evening speakers and participation in community events round out our adult education program.