Lakeside's High Holy Day program offers a variety of service formats designed to satisfy a spectrum of spiritual preferences, musical preferences, ages and scheduling requirements. All services take place on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur unless otherwise stated. Click here for our 2018/5779 Ticket Request Form.
- “Choir” Services feature Cantor Aviva Katzman as well as piano melodies from our Adult Choir, who are joined by professional talent for an enhanced vocal experience. Music is led by our musical director Richard Boldrey and pianist Dr. William Crowle.
- Koloteinu Services feature shorter readings, guitar music and more congregational singing, plus Rabbi Serotta’s full sermons.
- Kol Nidre Services (Erev Yom Kippur) in both the Choir and Koloteinu formats feature an internationally renowned cellist playing the solemn Kol Nidre melody.
- *Family Services are geared toward families with kids ages 5-12 and open to non-affiliated members of the community. This casual service is led by Rabbi Serotta and the Director of Lifelong Learning, Vanessa M. Ehrlich, features students from our Confirmation Class (10th grade) leading prayers, and includes music by song leader Todd Kessler.
- Tashlich follows our Rosh Hashanah family service by symbolically casting out sins by tossing breadcrumbs into the creek on Lakeside’s property.
- *Preschool Services are for families with young children (birth to 5) and open to non-affiliated members of the community. This short, song-based service features Rabbi Serotta, Children’s Center Director Paula Davis, the Director of Lifelong Learning Vanessa M. Ehrlich, and music by song leader Todd Kessler.
- *Yizkor and Neilah (Yom Kippur Memorial and Concluding service) are open to Lakeside members and non-affiliated members of the community. These traditional, solemn services mark the close of the High Holy Days and the start of renewal. Congregants and visitors are invited to Break-the-Fast together in our Community Room.
- Study Sessions (Rosh Hashanah-second day and Yom Kippur) delve deeper into the stories, parsha and meaning of the High Holy Days with sessions led by our Rabbi Serotta, Cantor Katzman, and the Director of Lifelong Learning.
Tickets are required for ALL High Holy Day services. Additional Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur tickets are available for extended family, out-of-town guests, prospective members or other unaffiliated individuals. Please call the Lakeside office for our service schedule and other details. We look forward to welcoming you to these services!
*Open to the community at no cost. Tickets are required.