Personal lifecycle events are an integral and important part of Lakeside’s focus. Our clergy and staff partner with you to shape your family’s lifecycle observance into whatever feels most comfortable for you. Click here for more information on B'nai Mitzvah and Adult B'nai Mitzvah at Lakeside.
- Weddings — Rabbi Serotta has a gentle get-to-know-you approach as he meets with wedding couples (same-sex, Jewish, interfaith) in the months ahead of their special day. Every wedding ceremony is personalized, so couples and families can incorporate the traditions and special moments that will have the most significance to them. In addition, many couples also enjoy an aufruf on Shabbat evening before their wedding day. This joy-filled brief ceremony is an opportunity for congregants, friends and family to offer wishes of sweetness to the wedding couple.
- Baby Namings — Blessing a young child is a joyous occasion. Baby namings at Lakeside are open to both members and non-affiliated individuals. They are often aligned with Friday night Shabbat services, but can be scheduled at other times at the parents’ request.
- Pastoral Support — Unfortunately, not all life events are ones of happiness. Rabbi Serotta provides pastoral presence and prayers during life's difficult moments. His words and gentle kindness are a source for physical, spiritual and emotional healing. Rabbi Serotta can make hospital/hospice visits and shiva calls when solace is needed. Call the Lakeside Office at (847) 432-7950 to request pastoral support, notify us if you or a loved one are ill or in the hospital, and/or if you would like a visit or a phone call from the Rabbi.
- End of Life Arrangements— Lakeside Congregation has a “preferred” funeral plan with Mitzvah Memorial Funerals under the direction of Bill Goodman. You can make arrangements with Mitzvah Memorial or another funeral home of your choice at any time. Please contact the Lakeside Office when facing a death in the family and there is a subsequent need for clergy support. You can also receive assistance from Lakeside's Shiva Shammes Committee.
- Healing Services — First Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm. This is an opportunity to join in a contemplative series of healing prayers, not just for members who are grieving or ill, but also for people seeking moments of tranquility and spiritual connectedness.
- Other Lifecycle Events—Contact the Lakeside Office to discuss how we can personalize other lifecycle events for you.